[access-uk] Creating mp3's in Kurzweil

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:46:00 +0100

Hi all.

I'm currently running XP Home, JAWS 4.5 and Kurzweil 1000 version 7.02.

I have a large number of text documents which I wish to copy as MP3 files,
in order to listen to them via my CD player.

I found that I cannot open an Office 2000 text document using Kurzweil as
there is no way to list Files of Type, subsequently, I need to copy and
paste the text from Office 2000 into a new Kurzweil document.  However, when
I do this I have two versions of JAWS running at the same time.  The
selected speech engine within Kurzweil is
IBM via text to speech.  Can anyone advise me how to have only one version
of JAWS running throughout.

Secondly, if anyone knows of an easier or quicker method of converting text
documents into mp3, by using Kurzweil  I'd be pleased for their advice.

Best wishes.
Andy from sunny Kilcreggan

** vacation ## d