[access-uk] Re: Creating folders on i devices

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:37:34 +0100

Just move the file onto the folder and it will pop in there.  <Cool>

Carol
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carol
Pearson Sent: 25 October 2011 23:09
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve,

I can only tell you about IPods and phones and not about
any other Mac devices but, if that's what you need, I
learned this last night and have put it to good use as
I've sorted my apps and put lots into folders.
Here's some instructions, if they're what you need.  If
not, sorry, and please hit DEL.

First, if you haven't done this before you may want to do
it in various steps.

To move an app you double tap, holding your finger down
on the second tap until you hear VO announce "Moving ..."
You then proceed to move that app around the screen.  If
it lands on another, you'll be told and, if you don't
move it off fairly quickly, I'm afraid you'll find a
folder is automatically created for you and given a
(hopefully) meaningful name.  If that's what you'd like,
fine; it works quite well a lot of the time.
If you don't like the name of a folder and you're not
nifty enough (at the beginning) to sus out how to rename
that folder, then go back to it, open the folder, and if
you then flick left you can find the folder name.  You're
supposed to be able to double tap this and rename it.  I
couldn't actually get that to work well yesterday until
I'd found myself having to move out items that were not
wanted in one or two folders.  In this case, as you
double tap and hold the item, you can then get to rename
the folder.
Sorry, I'm not very subsinct at this stage of the evening
but that's the general idea.

I have found it can be helpful to get apps you want to
move into a folder fairly close together and maybe all on
the same page first, so that you know where your app is
and where you're moving it to.  This isn't probably
really essential though once you've practised these
things a time or two.
Give me a shout if I can help further.  I did get all 30
plus apps of mine straightened out without sighted help
and felt very good about it too! <Smiles>

Carol P