[access-uk] Re: Creating files Windows 8.1

  • From: Niall Gallagher <nialljg91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:17:12 +0100

Hi,

I’m not using a Windows machine right now, so cannot test what I will now
suggest.
When you have created the folder, open it and use the applications key to open
the context menu and a sub-menu titled new is second from the bottom of this
list.
This sub-menu will allow you to create a wide array of file types based on the
programmes installed on your machine.

Note:
If you have just created a folder, you may need to exit the folder with the
back space key, and re-open the folder for the new sub-menu to appear in the
context menu.
this is purely based on personal experience, and it may not be necessary in
your case.
It may also be possible to access the new sub-menu through the file menu (Alt +
f)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Niall

On 9 Apr 2015, at 11:44, AKH <Tvz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HI

I've only ever used Windows 7 and now I must use Windows 8.1. I'm getting
used to File Explorer and although I can create a folder, I can't find a way
to create a file as I used to do very simply with Windows Explorer. I used to
get a really useful list of file type options by doing alt f and then w.
Can I do something similar in Windows 8.1? All the advice web sites talk
about folder creation and not files.

I use NVDA and MS Office 2013

Yours hopefully

Andrew