[access-uk] Re: Creating a table of Contents in Word 2010

  • From: "Sharon Bowell " <sharon.bowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:04:24 +0100

Many thanks Steve,

Sharon

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Griffiths, Steve
Sent: 19 October 2014 13:48
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Creating a table of Contents in Word 2010

Hi Sharon,

The options to insert a table of contents (ToC) are on the References tab,
key tips Alt, S,T to get a menu. The first three items on the menu give you
pre-defined themes for a ToC, but below that there is an item called Insert
table of contents, key tip I, which opens a dialogue where you can choose
exactly what the ToC will contain and look like. By default it will include
anything formatted as heading 1, 2 or 3, with the text at the left and the
relevant page number at the right; the entries in the ToC will be links so
you can use it to jump to the relevant place in your document - note that
when you do this, the entire heading will be selected, so make sure you
press an arrow key to deselect it before doing anything else!

Once you've created a ToC, if you then make any changes to the document you
can update the ToC by putting focus in it and pressing F9.

Cheers,

Steve