[access-uk] Re: Creating a network

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:51:14 -0000

Hi George -

I'm already on broadband, so have that filter I think you are talking about,
plugged in to my phone socket. You advised getting a router with at least
one RJ45, does it matter how many devices I want to connect wirelessly? Will
one RJ45 be enough for setting up purposes?

 You said that a router will come with a cable to go to the phone filter, so
will I need to buy a separate ethernet cable to go from the PC to the
router? Also, does an ethernet cable have an rj45 plug on each end?

Thanks -

Andy