[access-uk] Re: Creating a network

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:55:25 -0000

Edward -

This is great, can I ask some more?

So, I use an ethernet cable to connect the pc to a router,, and the router
has a wireless slider switch which pushes to the right after the ethernet
cable is disconnected right? I'm wondering where is the modem? Are these
netgear things both routers and modems in one these days? If not, and I need
a separate modem, then how does it connect to the router, and does it also
have to be plugged in to the phone socket when setting up the wireless
connection in the first place.

I really apreciated your clear explanation in your first email, it's the
kind of detail description that really helps me -

Andy