[access-uk] Creatinf Footnotes

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 15:41:03 -0000

Could someone please, pretty please, kindly explain how I create footnotes?
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, JAWS 13, Microsoft Office Pro 2003, and
have an idea, but am not sure if what I've done is right.

I have gone into the Insert menu, down to Referencing which has a sub-menu,
and entered on Footnotes.  I have then chosen the footnote to be at the end
of the page, and kept the numbering as I would want it.  But the bit that
confuses me is that I have been told to put the name of the book, author,
place of publisher and name of publisher in each footnote at the end of the
passage I have quoted.  But it doesn't seem to come out right if I do that,
so I'm obviously not understanding, or doing something completely batty.

How do I do it so that I just get the number at the end of the piece I have
quoted please, but so that it shows up as a footnote?

Oh gosh I do hope this makes sense to you literary people out there,
(smiles).

Your humble friend!

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns