[access-uk] Re: Counterfeit Windows 7

  • From: terry <terrycooper94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 09:26:54 +0100

Hi Roger

Apologies, I just assumed it was a laptop.

So if it was purpose built, was it bought with win7 home premium
pre-installed?  If so, did they not give you a win7 home premium cd/did?

Was it bought new from a shop, presumably it was, if it was purpose built.

With regards to recently being able to download updates, this may only
happen for a set period of time, e.g. 30 days, then stop, but the messages
regarding it being a counterfeit copy  won't go away.

If your serial number that was in there before, and presumably is still
there, then that is relating to licencing win7 home premium, but now that it
has changed to win7 Pro, that's why you are now getting those annoying
messages.

Can someone on the group remind how to get windows to show the serial number
that is on the pc already, then at least you can make a note of it for
future reference.  In the meantime, the only way of getting rid of those
messages, is to get the win7 pro back to home premium.

From:  <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, 6 July 2014 10.44 am