[access-uk] Re: Could Avast be part of my boot up problem?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 23:47:26 +0000

Hi Andy.

Yes, avast performs a boot time scan of essential files before your computer starts up. if your computer isn't the fastest then yes this could be part of your problem. You used to be able to disable this from avast maintenance settings, i'm not sure if you still can.

all the best,

Mo.

On 25/11/2012 23:02, ANDY COLLINS wrote:
Hi all -
One thing I can't uncheck when going through the programmes that load at start up under msconfig, is an Avast path to something or other, and as Avast is a virus checker, I'm wondering if somehow, it is doing some kind of scan ahead of getting me to the desk top. Each time I uncheck it, next time I look, it is checked again to load at boot up. I've been running Avast for a long time now, but only recently had the slow boot up/log on experience, so don't really expect Avast to be interfering, but I'm stumped, so trying to consider all possibilities! Any thoughts anybody? -
Andy