[access-uk] Re: Converting a Victor Stream note into mp3

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:22:05 +0100

Hi Barry, VR can record notes in AMR, MP3 and WAV formats. To change the recording formats press number 7 four times to go to Recording File Type. Now use numbers 4 and 6 to select the formats you prefer. Press the hash button to OK your choice or the star button to cancel and leave the menu without making any changes. BTW, VR will tell you how many hours you’ve got left of recording time based on the recording formats you’ve selected and the remaining space on your memory card.

To convert notes you’ve already recorded on the VR, I believe CDEX or any other audio converter can easily convert AMR audio files to MP3 files. Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see why you’d have to go through the extra Companion Software step.

HTH,
Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Barry Hill
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:39 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Converting a Victor Stream note into mp3

Thanks. I didn't know that you could use this software to convert until you
mentioned it. Companion will convert to wav, and I can then use CDEX to
convert it to mp3.

Cheers

Barry

From: Barry Hill <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:57 pm
Subject: [access-uk] Converting a Victor Stream note into mp3

Hi all

Is it possible to convert a first gen Stream note into mp3? I did
actually think that they were recorded in mp3, but it seems not.

Cheers

Barry

Sent from a Braille Sense

---