[access-uk] Converting Audible files to mp3

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:04:33 +0100

Hi all -

I use to be able to do this with Goldwave, but no longer with the latest
Audible download manager, that is why I bought Sound Taxi, but at the moment, I
am trying to convert a title of 100mb to mp3, and it is taking for ever! So
far, it has taken 20 minutes to convert 4 percent of the file, at that rate, it
is going to take over 8 hours to complete, which is longer than the real time
listneing of the file, which is 7 hours; this is using the pro version of the
software!

Anybody say why this conversion is so slow, or suggest another programme to do
this kind of file conversion more quickly?

Thanks -

Andy