[access-uk] Re: Control Panel in Windows 7

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:28:56 -0000

Adrian,

The control panel is actually in alphabetical order when 'small icons' is
selected. However, it is not possible to choose the 'list' option and
consequently the window is separated into three columns. So, if you want to
quick search for, say, 'folder options', then press the 'f' key which will take
you to 'flash player' as this is the first occurrence of items beginning with
'f'. press the right cursor key which will take you to 'folder options'. As the
cursor key does not wrap, it will stay on 'folder options' until you either
press the left cursor key or up or down cursor keys. Just remember that there
are 3 items per row, so if it is not on that row, then it is probably on the
next row down.

HTH.

John.