[access-uk] Re: Contactless payment cards (was Accessible bank card)

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 22:38:48 +0100

good to know the source is available on git hub.at least any
modification will be picked up pretty smartish., probably a good thing
too that the code isn't encoded into the nfc module on the card so one
has to assume an alternative verification method is in place.

hmm maybe i's have a gander at the source code later.(smile)l

On 06/04/2015 19:59, lsmithso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Assuming you're referring to the Android app.

The source code is available on github. However if you're paranoid you
won't believe that the source code matches the downloaded app.

Apps can only access the Internet if they are given express permission
to do so when they are installed. If you are truly paranoid you will
probably just plain disbelieve this.

If you are really truly paranoid, then the lack of proof that it isn't
sending your card details will count as proof that it is.

I've read from independent sources that the cvv is not encoded on the
card, either on the magnetic strip, or on the chip. I'm surprised that
the card holders name isn't available though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.devnied.emvnfccard&hl=en

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda