[access-uk] Connecting 5.1 speakers to computer

  • From: Mohammed Adeel <licenced2chill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 14:42:41 +0100 (BST)

Hi, I've got some 5.1 speakers but I'm not sure about the best way to connect
them to my PC. My PC does support 5.1 sound. The speaker wires go to a
subwoofer but I'm not sure about how to connect the computer to the subwoofer.
I've got a wire that has a headphone jack on one end and two phono jacks on the
other that I've plugged into the headphone socket atm but I thought the
headphone socket could only output in stereo?

Thanks,