[access-uk] Re: Clamwin and how to delete detected viruses?

  • From: Doris &Hubby Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 23:36:19 -0400

go into the clamwin optios and configure how clamwin is to treat viruses it finds.

it certainly has a quaranteen option.

also, if you get clamsentinnel, you can use this for real time protection and have a full-fledged antivirus program.

hth

Doris

At 10:58 PM 9/11/2014, you wrote:
Hello All,

Someone on this list advised that Clamwin is a good, accessible virus checker. I have downloaded this and run it and it tells me that I have four viruses, although all of these are said to be in software which I have stored in a subdirectory as .zip or iso or .exe setup files.

Having told me this, it appears to give no means of quarantining/deleting them which I can find by Tabbing through the various links/buttons or by use of a Context Menu.

Does anyone know how this is to be done?

Thanks.
John.