[access-uk] Clamwin and how to delete detected viruses?

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 03:58:54 +0100

Hello All,

Someone on this list advised that Clamwin is a good, accessible virus checker.
I have downloaded this and run it and it tells me that I have four viruses,
although all of these are said to be in software which I have stored in a
subdirectory as .zip or iso or .exe setup files.

Having told me this, it appears to give no means of quarantining/deleting them
which I can find by Tabbing through the various links/buttons or by use of a
Context Menu.

Does anyone know how this is to be done?

Thanks.
John.