[access-uk] Re: Chip and pin online banking.

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 20:29:49 +0100

Kev,

I'd say the key fob and/or keypad swipe things, are probably because, "it's
something you have", (part of one multi factor security spec).

I wonder if they had a really good security team on this?  if they did the
software could be considered more insecure than the hardware/software combo?
The software only approach, can be more vunrable to middle man attacks than
a hardware combo.

I'm being a bit anal there because it's more about prevention than total
lock down with this layered approach to security...

Dj paddy
Ôà