[access-uk] Re: Cheap phone calls, sims, and text for abroad

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 23:59:38 +0000

Hi Ibrahim.

Many thanks for the link! something to bare in mind is that although i trust its an excellent service, i have found call with us to be cheaper as they're charging in US not UK Currency. The service is also pay as you go by default, so you only pay for what you use unlike foo call where the call charges only drop when you're on a monthly plan. For example, 10P per minute on pay as you go verses 4 P on call with us to call the middle east. even on their monthly plan its 6.5P. The good thing is that foo call offer clients for many devices, but all you'd have to do if using call with us is configure a sip client built in to most phones these days, you wouldn't need a specific app. an interesting system though, thanks for sharing!

Mo.

On 11/12/2012 18:28, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi.

Now that you come to mention it, there is another service which is very similar, Foocall from Ghost Telecom, www.foocall.co.uk. With Foocall you can make international calls from mobiles and landlines either with the app or with local numbers in many different countries and if you have an internet connection, you can make calls over the net as they have a SIP web phone built in to their site, perfect if you have access to free Wi-Fi.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:19 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Cheap phone calls, sims, and text for abroad

Hi Richard.

There is an excellent company that i use called call with us. You top up
the account before you go, and they have local access numbers for every
country a bit like a calling card system. you dial the local number and
the only charges you pay are the local charges for that country.

www.callwithus.com

all the best,

Mo.

I purchased them in an hotel in Portugal and used to call Ireland and fund them exceptionally cheap, using from the phone in my hotel room. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Spring Flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>