[access-uk] Re: Changing Drive Letter

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 10:33:30 +0000

hi roger. press your windows key, and type the word disk in the search box. go down to create and format hard disk partitions and press enter. when the program launches, press tab to the list view of drives. go down to your H drive, and press shift F10 to right click on it. go down to change drive letter and paths and press enter. now press tab to change, select the G drive letter and click OK. then click yes to confirm and job should be done.

all the best,

Mo.

On 15/12/2013 07:53, roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Good Morning
I've just had my external drive die on me. Someone posted recently the life expectancy is around 3 years, mine was 7/8 years old so very good innings. It's he one I keep all my media on. Not a serious problem as I had a backup of 98% of the media and managed to revive it enough to get the final little bits to bring it up to a full copy. The old diver is now waiting to be thrown away but one little irritation has occurred. The old drive was my G drive but the new one has become my H drive. I seem to recall some long while ago someone, I think possibly George, posted that it was possible to change the drive letter. This I would like to do as I'm used to referring to it as G and there are several references in other places. Could someone post instructions on how to do this please. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Many thanks  Roger