[access-uk] Re: Card Readers and writers

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:26:32 +0100

All correct David.  There's one very simple card reader which I have
which just plugs directly into one of the USB ports on the front of my
PC.  The SD card slips in the front and the reader then simply appears
as a new removable drive in WE.  Sadly, there's no indication as to the
make of this device.  However, I know from whom I got it and will try to
find out more info.  The one I have here is a multi-card reader and
requires a driver to be installed.  It's a Belkin with four slots on the
front.  It cost about fifteen quid to buy through the B BC's internal
market so it's probably about seven or eight from your local shop.  The
other one I mentioned probably costs washers.