[access-uk] Re: Can't delete sub-folders in Thunderbird

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:53:45 +0000

nope we're online.

cheers.

On 30/01/2014 13:48, Michael A Ray wrote:

Is Ventrillo down Mo?

On 30/01/2014 13:43, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Ok. the reason for that is that non of them exist on your new account. that's why its not allowing you to delete any of them. if i'd known i would've tried to copy them across for you manually, that's why i asked if there was anything important stored there. you may have to recreate the account manually after backing up your filters so you can restore them once you've recreated the folders. if its going to be a problem let me know and i'll see if i can transfer the mailbox folder by folder.

cheers,

Mo.

On 30/01/2014 13:36, Michael A Ray wrote:

It's actually my Raspberry VI email. It asked me to accept the new certificate when I logged in today and now all my filters and sub-folders are screwed.

On 30/01/2014 13:15, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hello Mike.

Is this on your BT account? they are a waste of time their email service is a nightmare! i never have problems when using gmail with imap. i had exactly the same issue a few months ago. there are 2 options. first, applications key on the mailbox in the treeview and click on subscribe this window should allow you to unsubscribe from folders you no longer use. the second option is to refer to the following article on phantom folders.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Phantom_folders

HTH,

Mo.

On 30/01/2014 13:12, Michael A Ray wrote:
Hello folks,

I have an odd problem with Mozilla Thunderbird.

I need to re-organise my sub-folders because of a move of a couple of my mail-boxes and at the moment I have some folders which are sub-folders of the inbox. I have filter rules which move mails to these sub-folders based on the subject line. I have deleted all the filter rules whil I re-organise the sub-folders but no matter how many times I try to delete the sub-folders they don't disappear, despite Thunderbird going through the 'are you sure?' stuff.

Any ideas?

I think Thunderbird has become a bit less useable in later versions.

Mike