[access-uk] Re: Canon Printer Pixma IP4600

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:11:46 -0000

Now you've landed me in it!  I don't set these up every day, but I'll
try to give you some basics, bearing in mind I only have the 4200 and
4500.

Don't plug it in just yet.  The drivers go in first anyway.

First, make sure you remove all the tapes that stop the covers coming
off.  They usually have a folded over end to get hold of, so are
relatively easy to identify and pull off.  Make sure you open the top
cover, and remove the tapes holding the ink tank assembly in place.

As I recall, applying power, then lifting the top cover, will bring
the ink tank assembly to the loading position.  This is now going to
be a problem as the four narrow ink tanks appear to be
interchangeable.

Can you not get any sighted help at all?  Where are you based?

George.