[access-uk] Re: Can I sell my old version of JAWS

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:15:27 +0100

I know GW Micro also do this. If you wish to sell Window-Eyes and you have an older version, either the seller or the receiver will have to pay an upgrade fee then pay the transfer. Sounds like standard business practice to me.

Chris Hallsworth
Sent from Thunderbird

On 12/07/2011 06:37, Mohammed Adeel wrote:
Hi,

I would like to sell JAWS 8 Pro that I own.

I have contacted Sight and Sound Technology to ask them how much it would cost to transfer my
licence to another user. In the past I was told they charge a £70 administration fee but
now they have told me I would have to pay £460 exc VAT to upgrade to V12 first and then
pay an additional £75 exc VAT to transfer the licence to someone else.

I would like to know whether I can sell my copy of JAWS making sure I keep none
of the licences / disks etc without having to transfer the licence by paying
Sight and Sound the above amount.

Thanks,