[access-uk] Re: Can Anybody Tell Me?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 14:35:26 +0100

I am not David Mandy, but yes you can read Word documents using Wordpad
with some limitations. For example, if there are graphics in the
document, Wordpad may complain that it can't find the Graphics filter
and asks if you want to continue. Warning: If you get this box, your
keyboard may stop responding (it does on my machine anyway) until you
somehow click the yes button. Another limitation is for some reason you
cannot view the entire document, however this may be because of a
setting in Wordpad. Hope that helps.

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266