[access-uk] Calculating APR on a loan

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 21:09:37 +0100

Hi all -

Hope I'm ok asking this here. I've been looking on some websites, and
unfortunately their calculater tools for working out monthly repayments on a
loan with an APR, require the sliding of a graphical bar across a grid. So, can
anybody tell me how to work out monthly repayments using APR interest. Let's
work with an easy example, if one borrows 10 thousand pounds, and the APR is 6
percent, how does one work out the monthly repayments over say 1 and 2 and 3
years? I can work out 6 percent of 10 grand, but it doesn't work that way, so
anybody help with this one?

Thanks -

Andy