[access-uk] Re: COUNCIL POLICY TO WAIVE SIGNATURE WHEN VOTING BY POST

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:01:10 -0000

I am not so worried about postal voting though the chance for froard of
course is highly possible if signatures are not used.  I am not happy about
using cards and signatures in shops as we are vulnerable then.

I do not know of a better solution however than chip and pin.  could finger
print technology be used?  what do people with no hands do about buying
things in shops with cards?  even if they have a carer with them what
happens?
 what do they do to prove the card being used is theirs?  I am sure anyone
on this or other lists unable to use their hands will have thought about
this one.  Obviously, the massive majority of people have one hand they can
control enough to put in a fingerprint reader but not everyone.

Regards

Graham