[access-uk] CHILDREN OF BESLAN - BBC 2 DOCUMENTARY 9 PM 30/08/2005

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:21:59 +0100

Hi all,

We have just been very saddened and disgusted to discover that the
documentary currently showing on BBC 2, "Children of Beslan", is
obviously in their native language (Russian) and there is no audio
description or verbal translation.  On calling the BBC Information and
Complaints line I was informed that there is a text translation on the
screen but of course, that is no good to us!

I was particularly angry that, as this was a very sad and moving event
last year, we have been unable to follow up the children's progress.

Ian, I do hope you're reading this!  I feel very strongly that the BBC
have let us down again.

When I called, I asked for a transcript of the programme, or at least
the verbal translation which was given.  Are we likely to receive this?

Over to "In Touch"!

Any other comments anyone?

--
Carol