[access-uk] CHANGING PASSWORD IN WINDOWS 7

  • From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:35:31 -0000

Hi all,

I want to create a password so that I can block other users from making changes
to my computer (e.g. prevent the deletion of programmes by ensuring that anyone
wishing to do this has to type a password prior to being able to do so).

At present my PC has only one password which everyone in the family uses to log
in. How can I allow others to access the machine while, at the same time
preventing the changing and/or deletion of programmes?

On going into control Panel it appears that I have administrative priveleges,
however I don’t know how to use them to do as set out above.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks,

Kevin