[access-uk] Re: CHANGING MY EMAIL ADDRESS FROM GOOGLEMAIL TO GMAIL

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 19:10:16 +0000

hi carol.

yes, when you go to mail.google.com and your inbox comes up, there should be an option on that page to switch to GMail as opposed to google mail. if not, you may have to switch temperarily to standard view, click settings then see if an option pops up to switch to gmail. all emails sent to your old googlemail address will still continue to reach you at the new gmail address. if you need a hand please don't hesitate to drop me a note off list.

all the best,

Mo.

On 03/01/2015 19:06, Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,
I've thought, from time to time, of changing my Googlemail (original) address to GMAil, and take a look at the "Help" which, to me, is no real help at all. The "Help" just says something about clicking on the Gmail tab of your account, but I don't seem to understand exactly what I have to do ... so cry off! However, I'd like to ask if anyone else has changed their original address from Googlemail to GMAIL and, if so, if they have had to re-register with all the other addresses where they have previously used Googlemail? That is one of the things that really puts me off.
Any help or experiences would be useful.
Thanks.
Carol P