[access-uk] Re: CHANGED EMAIL CLIENT TO THUNDERBIRD

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 21:10:44 +0100

Hi,

Ah! Hadn't seen that menu. Thanks. Had seen the other options menu so thought that was the only one. Foolish of me! <Smiles>

Carol P

On 21/10/2015 19:28, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

Hi Carol.

To request a read receipt for an individual message, when composing hit alt P for the options menu then arrow down to return receipt and press enter.

all the best,

Mo.

On 21/10/2015 18:42, Carol Pearson (Redacted sender carol.pearson29 for DMARC) wrote:
Hi all,

I thought I'd mention, in case any are interested, that I've recently been forced into changing my email client from Outlook Express, which I've used for about 13 years. I tried a few but always went back after a short time...

Anyway, needs must because I could no longer change the settings and keep them because I always had to deliberately "kill" Outlook Express or it just wouldn't shut down.

Well, I'm glad I've made the change to Thunderbird and here are a few reasons why!

First - and this is probably my favourite - it's great being able to back up from one computer to the other so very simply and ensure, by doing so, you havfe the same settings on each machine.

It is still being actively worked on and there are more options than in Outlook Express, e.g. easy to save a message as a file.

The other big plus for me is the Unified setting, so I can choose to work on all my accounts from one inbox.

On the down side, I'm still looking for an option to ask for a receipt for one message only. I'm not too keen on the move or account options when as I get a bit lost sometimes when moving messages or going to another account and I do miss being able to move messages so quickly and with less keystrokes.

All in all, though, I'm well pleased.

Incidentally, I did try Thunderbird a couple of years back and really just didn't get on with it. This time I was determined and am glad I have found it much more to my liking now.

If I have missed any functions that you users like particularly, please alert me to them in case I haven't yet discovered all the goodies. Thanks.

Carol P