[access-uk] CDEx no longer working, any advice please?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 22:14:26 +0100

Hello Everyone.

I recently tried to use CDEx and found that the database for obtaining track information no longer works. Apparently, Free DB was taken down earlier this year and music brains doesn't seem to want to connect. This basically means that CDEx will no longer go online to retrieve information about your CD's.

Express rip doesn't work any more either.

Does anyone know of an alternative database which we can use or accessible CD ripper which is still working? I would prefer not to use iTunes or windows media player unless I really have to.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq