[access-uk] CD Problems

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:14:03 +0100

Some members might remember a while back I had problems with an old computer in
that I could not get it to display or recognise the CD/DVD drive. When I tried
to reload the drivers I got a message saying Help and Support files could not
be located because they are missing. This is not my main PC now, but one I keep
for doing certain tasks. I have purcahsed a USB CD/DVD drive. Now when I plug
it in I get the noise telling me something has been connected. I insert the
software disc which came with it, but it does not run automatically. Again it
is not showing up in My Computer. When I go to Add New Hardware, it's telling
me my device could not be installed because the drivers could not be found. So
it seems my computer is not recognising any CD/DVD drive. Is there anything I
can do about this? The computer is not connected to the Internet and can't be
until I get it to run discs. Also, if this matters, now when I plug in a memory
pen or any other USB device, it does not run automatically. Is there a way I
can change this?

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046