[access-uk] Re: Bus stops alert app? Blind Square?

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 10:15:55 -0000

Mike, thanks a lot for this. I took your word and bought Blindsquare. Playing with it at home last night, I’m impressed! I’m taking it for a proper test drive today.

Cheers
Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Ray
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:43 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Bus stops alert app? Blind Square?

Hello,

I run 'Blind Square' on an iPhone 5s and it does exactly what you want.

This morning for example, I have traveled the three miles or so to and
from home to Godalming High Street, and Blind Square tells me as I pass
each junction while I'm on the bus, tells me when I pass side roads in
the High Street, tells me where the bus stops are in the High Street,
and tells me when I'm within about 20 feet or so of Wetherspoons :-) (I
have Wetherspoons in Godalming entered as a favourite).

I'm familiar with the route so I know from what it is saying when the
bus is getting close to my stop. Might not be quite so easy if I wasn't
so familiar with the area but I would guess, not much harder.

Can't really think of anything it doesn't do which I would like.

Mike

On 25/11/2015 00:00, Amro Bilal wrote:

Apologies this has been asked before few times but... I’m after an iOS app to reliably alert me of my bus stop. I’m thinking of Blind Square. If I understand correctly, as well as alerting me of my bus stop, Blind Square can give me information on what street the bus is on so I know how far I’m from my destination.

I have Traveline installed on my iPhone but I don’t like it and can’t get my head round it.

Any suggestions or ideas are most welcome. Many thanks.

Amro

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer