[access-uk] Re: Burning discs to play in a CD player

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:25:40 +0100

Hi Ibrahim -

When I insert a disc, the "burn a disc" wizard opens, and I am offered today's
date as a name for the disc [obviously I can choose to change this] then when I
hit tab, it says: "prepare this blank disc" choose file format, where the
choices are live file system, and mastered. I always choose mastered, because
it says they are playable on all computers, and in some CD players, where as
the live format says the disc will be like a USB flash drive, where files can
be added and erased.

So, how can I get round this? If when I insert a blank disc, it's properties
says the file format is UDF, then is it possible to change this to a format
that cd players can play. Surely, when it says a clock radio can play CDR and
CDRW discs, it should also say, as long as the discs haven't been written using
a burner that uses UDF as it's formatting! -

Andy