[access-uk] Re: Burning DVD disks

  • From: "Malcolm Parfitt" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:17:31 +0100

Hi there.

I've had an NEC DVD writerin this machine for a couple of years currently running under xP Home SP2. I've used Nero6 and 7 with a variety of DVD -R and +R discs.

You may want to try other makes of discs, though the make is a little confusing though as many manufacturers don't actually
make the disks they sell them under their own brand.

For example, some of the Panasonic range use the Taiyo Yuden dye as does
some of the Ridisc, Datawrite, Rivision and Datasafe ranges. So while the disc may have a different name on them their construction is the same.

It may simply be that your writer is not getting on with the type of disc
you're using especially as other drives read them fine.

One make of disc that I have used for years and they still read fine is
Verbatim.

These discs are a little expensive but if you can get one it's well worth a
try. Or simply try another make with an alternative dye type. Be careful
as mentioned above as it can be difficult to establish the dye type.
Software that claims to identify this in my experience is unreliable at
best. Though a couple of friends claim to have good results with DVD_identifier_430.

www.svp.co.uk

used to sell a sample pack of different discs so you can try them out. May be worth a look.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ali" <alpot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>