[access-uk] Re: [Bulk] Re: T-Vonics, the final message

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:29:23 +0100

Ibrahim

I did in fact reset and not reformat.

It works great now.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: 16 July 2012 17:20
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: [Bulk] Re: T-Vonics, the final message

Hi Martin.

OK, the speech files reside on the hard drive and the firmware resides on
the internal memory of the box.  If you reformat your hard drive, you'll
lose the speech capability and will have to reinstall it, hence a good
reason to have the firmware files on hand which you get from the TVonics
website.  Reformatting and resetting are two different things; Reformatting
will erase the contents of the hard drive including your library, where as
resetting deletes all custom settings and channel information hence you have
to retune your box.

All the best, Ibrahim.