[access-uk] Re: [Bulk] Itunes etc.

  • From: Iain Lackie <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:09:45 +0100

This is completely incorrect. If you have tracks which are greyed, It means
they have not yet been uploaded and so cannot be played or downloaded. If you
have a lot of tracks to be matched, you have to allow sufficient time for your
library to be matched. You may have to go into iTunes and update iTunes Match
so that the match process can be completed.

Iain

On 29 Aug 2014, at 08:28 pm, "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi BJ.

If you're using Itunes Match then the music is stored in the cloud and you have
to download it to a device to play it as it doesn't support streaming.

That's my understanding of Itunes Match and I assume the greyed out tracks are
in the cloud and not yet downloaded to your device.

Regards.

Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: BJ Edwards
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 6:18 PM
To: access-uk
Subject: [Bulk] [access-uk] Itunes etc.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue...

I have Itunes on my laptop, I have "Match" and "Home sharing" enabled.
Like magic I can see all my music on both my Apple TV and my Iphone.
However, only the music I downloaded from Itunes plays, the rest of it
(the vast majority) is greyed out and won't play. Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

BJ

--
My homepage:
www.bjedwards.co.uk

My fiction:
www.authorsden.com/bjedwards

My articles:
www.meddryn.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter for updates, comment, thoughts and links:
@Meddryn

Many thanks,

BJ Edwards