[access-uk] Re: Bt total broadband - was ISP providers

  • From: "Tony Pitchford" <tony.pitchford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:58:33 -0000

I don't care for the engineers either at the moment.

Extension newly built, time for an additional phone socket.

Yes BT would do it, but the work would be chargeable.

And what a job they did!

Drilling through an exposed central heating pipe, flooding my extension,
leaving me without heat or water.

Now to the script.

As I couldn't get an emergency plumber out last night, I decided to ring BT
to tell them that I'd be checking in to a hotel.

I got the call centre in India.

Telling the charming lady who went to great pains to thank me for confirming
my post code and first line of my address that BT had drilled through a pipe
threw her at once.

That caused me to be placed on hold for 15 minutes.

Then, yes they were sorry for the inconvenience, and as a gesture of good
will, they would refund me some line rental.

How nice of them.

And nice to know too, that if you can't bank on anything else, you can bank
on the BT call centre sticking religiously to the script.

Other things you can bank on:

BT not being allowed to phone anyone to help stop the flood.
The hapless engineer making numerous references to his manager.
His manager making references to rules, forms and the like.
Everyone saying how sorry they are, but doing nothing to help.

Anyway, at least I get to work from home today.

d -----Original Message-----