[access-uk] Braille on New GDBA Access for All Card

  • From: "Eleanor Martha Burke" <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 15:41:30 +0100

Hi All GDOs who read Braille. What do you think of trhe standard of Braille on this new card brought out by the Campeign's Department of GDBA? The Braille is extra small, inaccurate on my card and when I brought this to the attention of the Campeign's Department, I was told that there were no errors and that the Brailling of the card had been outsourced. Surely it is reasonable to expect an organisation dealing with blind people who use Braille as a medium for reading, should get it right! I was informed that some people had phoned up about this. I would like to encourage others to do likewise so that maybe when the next batch are written they can at least be done correctly. There was no reason for the Braille to be all to one side and not to include all letters as it is only covering about a third of the width of the card as it is.

Eleanor