[access-uk] Re: Braille notetakers

  • From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <csdryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:43:35 -0000

Jackie, this is a very subjective area.  As someone who works with an
organisation who has absolutely no ties to specific products, I would never
categorically advise someone against something until they'd actually had a
opportunity to look at and play with the particular product.  I feel there
is some sour grapes here and on the subject of differences between the Apex
and the Braille sense, they are on different operating systems so there is a
world of difference.

Actually, the Pacmate is still a good product and especially so for someone
who is a current jaws user.  Differences in the mobile platform don't
necessitate a great learning curve.

Steve