[access-uk] Re: Braille display query on Hims products

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 07:14:16 +0100

Hi Jackie,

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was merely pointing out what the warranty
should and shouldn't cover. Defective cells should be covered without
question, but you can't give a blanket cover on cells, I have seen the state
of some of them, before my engineer has repaired the displays.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close

From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 11:43:07 +0100

There definitely is a concern if they are going to query replacing any cells
when a product is still under warranty. What is a guarantee for if it
doesn't cover one of the most fundamental components? I am happy with the
outcome, but it is something to bear in mind quite clearly.

Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info Read my EyeWrite blog:

From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'BCAB Discussion List'"
<bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 09:36:15 +0100
Subject: [access-uk] Braille display query on Hims products

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those who contacted me off
list recently regarding the quality of Braille cells on their Hims products.
I had become aware that several dots on my U2 Mini, which is approximately
nine months old, were beginning to fade. It seemed random because they were
better on some occasions and less so on others. I wanted to know if others
were having an issue with their units, and I found comments very helpful.

I am happy to report that my machine is now back with me, having been away
for a month. The Braille display has been replaced on my U2 Mini, and is
now functioning perfectly again.

I do have concerns about the quality of Braille Cells Hims appear to be
using, and the stance they seem to adopt regarding any replacement under
warranty. Nevertheless, everything has been resolved to my satisfaction, so
thanks indeed to everyone who contacted me with their views and kind words
of support.