[access-uk] Re: Braille Sense: where can I find a list of features

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:13:24 +0100

Hi Niamh

What would you like to be able to do is the big question?  If you want
simple word processing, Email, wireless connectivity, a simple calendar and
reminders etc, then certainly one of the BrailleSense family would be
suitable.  But if you want to do a whole lot more than that, then a
lightweight laptop would be the answer.  I suppose it depends on whether you
want to use Braille, and whether you would prefer to have it as one package
rather than a laptop, separate display etc.  And certainly your C5 should
work with the BrailleSense via Bluetooth.

My advice, for what it is worth, is to contact Sight and Sound, and ask for
a demonstration of the BrailleSense.  I don't know where you live, but I am
sure they could help?  It's a lot of dosh, so it is important for you to get
a demo of the whole range to see whether you would prefer an 18 or 32-cell
device, Braille or qwerty, or even consider one of the other note-takers on
the market.

If I can help further in terms of what the BS does, please let me know.  I
have the BrailleSense Plus 32-cell, and I really like it very much.  I don't
use everything it offers, but what I use I find very satisfactory.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns