[access-uk] Re: Braille Sense and Braille Note

  • From: rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:27:48 +0100

Hello,
To change grade in a file, space-g.

Sent from the BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: Yusuf Osman <yusuf.osman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 10:58:25 +0000
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Braille Sense and Braille Note

I'd say Pele, that the best thing if possible would be to have a demonstration of both, being clear at the outset on what it is you want to do.

I'll say a couple of things as I've had demos of both quite recently.

I like the fact that the U2 has scroll buttons at each end of the Braille display, I found that slightly easier to manage than the thumb scroll keys on the Apex.

I liked the feel of the Apex, but the shape of the U2.

I liked the keys on the U2 better than the Apex, but the display on the Apex better than the U2.

The U2 appears to have slightly more functionality, access to Youtube, Twitter, facebook, however each time one of these organisations makes changes it will impact on how well the U2 can access them. The functionality on the Apex is perhaps less likely to fail as it is Humanware's own suite of products.

Both seem to have pretty good language and Braille support, however I'm not sure you can change Braille input methods on the fly with the U2, so switch from Grade2 UK Braille to Computer Braille in the same document. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

The other key thing to note is that the U2 is about a grand cheaper than the Apex. Again, happy to be corrected if I've got that wrong.

Hope that helps and doesn't just confuse.
Yusuf
I've set up a FundMe account to help cover the ongoing costs of my PhD. I'd be very grateful if you'd consider donating. Thank you!
https://www.gofundme.com/lhj928
Why not follow me on Twitter at:
yusuf_oy
Facebook: