[access-uk] Braille Sense and Braille Note

  • From: Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 15:52:13 +0100

Hi Everyone

Sorry about the cross-posting, but I am keen to get as many opinions as
possible on the questions I am about to ask. Please contact me off-list
if you don't want to cause too much traffic.

I have had a Braille Sense QWERTY for some time now and fear I may have
run it into the ground. I have to reset it quite a few times a day,
which is slightly annoying. Is it time to go for a new Braille Sense U2
or a Braille Note Apex, or something I have not thought of yet?

I know Sight and Sound can service the Braille Sense, but I wonder if
mine is past that.

I use a note-taker mainly for word processing, browsing the internet and
e-mail. I tend to work in UK computer braille.

How does the U2 compare with the Apex with its latest firmware?

Do the macros work on the Braille Sense U2? I have not managed to get a
macro to work on my Braille Sense.

Does the Apex have the ability to record macros?

How good is wireless connectivity? My current Braille Sense will not see
the new router I installed last year so I had to go back to using the
old one.

Is it possible to connect the U2 and the Apex wirelessly to the PC? At
present my Braille Sense can see my D: drive but I cannot copy from the
Braille Sense to the PC as it cannot see it.

How do the keyboards and braille displays compare?

How does Keysoft compare with the menu structure on the Braille Sense?

Apologies for all the questions. As I said, if anyone wants to contact
me off-list, that is fine.

pele West