[access-uk] Re: Braille PDA's

  • From: "Ian Beverley" <iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:27:26 -0000

        Hi Graham

Good points.  I mentioned a few as they're the main ones that I train
with. However,  I'm aware that there may be others that creep in.

Essentially, I'm looking at the capabilities of these machines of
converting word/text/rich text files into Grade 2 Braille and how they
can handle the translation.  I'm prioritisng machines that have Braille
displays, but am not worried about whether they are qwerty or Braille
input.  However, this does not rule out PacMate BNS, VoiceNote etc. from
the mix.

Yes, I'd be more than happy to share results (obviously no names
supplied) on list.

Cheers for now

Ian.

iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx