[access-uk] Braille PDA's

  • From: "Ian Beverley" <iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <brailleuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:38:27 -0000

Hi guys

I have some questions that I hope as many of you as possible could help
me with.  Now this is not part of any scientific research, but is really
a plea for thoughts and opinions.  Unless, anybody feels that this would
be of more general interest, could you reply to me off-list by using the
details given at the bottom of this E-mail.  Furthermore, I'll put my
work E-mail address on there too, so it does at least give options.

For the purposes of this, I'm counting a Braille PDA as counting
anything from the BrailleNote to PacMate, BrailleSense to the Braille
Lite and anything around this area.

1.      For those who have one, what type of Braille PDA do you use?  Is
this for study, work or private use?

2.      Do you import information onto your PDA and if so, in what
format?  i.e. MS word, RTF, etc.

3.      What would you say are the most commonly used Braille PDA's
within the UK?

This should start things off.  I hope that as many of you as possible
can respond to this.  This is work related, but I can assure you that
everything that you say does not get passed on to anybody else and full
confidentiality is respected.

Thanks in advance

Ian.

iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx  <mailto:iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx>