[access-uk] Braille Maths Tray 1960s

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:41:00 +0100

Hi All
I went to school for the blind in the 1960s! We learned basic mathamatics or sums on a type of plastic tray into which metal numbers were inserted in to holes like a grid. There was a tray on the side of the frame to hold these metal numbers. I know there were also metal trays. I recall the plastic ones being brown and I think the tray was a light colour. Now I am looking for photographs of these along with photographs of a braille handframe and stylus, a stainsby and a perkins brailler. Wonder if someone like George on list can assist here or someone else who is sighted and might know wht I am talking about. Thanks in advance.Again I am happy for people to e-mail me off list.

Eleanor