[access-uk] Re: Bother with Brother printer

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:49:09 +0000

George's suggestion is a good one.  Having a similar Brother machine I know you
can press the front panel button twice within a second and get a print out of
the status.  The main thing that is going to tell you is that the actual
printer is functioning.  That will then leave you with Windows.

It may be that you have multiple references to the same printer, but however
only one of these will work properly.  The clue will be that one of these
printers have a number of queued jobs that have not complete in them.  If so
delete them and if there are multiple references to the same printer try one of
the other ones and see if that works.  If it does remove the other non-working
references and set the one that does work to be your default.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road