[access-uk] Booting Difficulties

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 17:34:31 +0100

Hi
My machine at work begins to boot up, gets to a fe seconds of the Windows setup
screen then goes back to the menu highlighting 'start windows normally'. I'e
tried the Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration options but I always get
put back to the same menu after a few seconds.

Some of my options ay be:
1. A faulty power supply - I'm not sure the fan is turning - could this give a
partial bootup. It certainly gets through the initial screens OK.
2. Faulty Harddrive, perhaps not closed down right.
3. Windows Software problem caused by a corrupted file. I don't particularly
want to reformat without getting files off, so is there a way of re-loading
Windows without losing  current setup, etc. I've tried repairing Windows before
on other machines and seem to go round in circles and eventually have to re
format.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Gordon McFarlane