[access-uk] Re: Bookworm

  • From: "Petrina Delves" <Petrina.Delves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:54:32 +0100

Hi Andrew,

I have coppyed the following for you from Steve Nutts, website called
computer room services. Which is where you purchase  the Bookworm from.
Bookworm
The electronic Braille booklet that fits in any pocket
Unlimited mobility
The Bookworm
 is a portable Braille reading device that is the size of a Walkman. You can
easily
store all electronic data and read it on 8 Braille elements - wherever and
whenever
you want. With only 400 g (14 oz) the
 Bookworm
 fits in any pocket. It runs for more than 20 hours on battery, making it
your ideal
traveling companion. Within seconds, you can store several books in the
 Bookworm.
 Its memory capacity of 4 MB corresponds to about 4000 pages or 50 Braille
binders.
You can also use the
 Bookworm
 as a miniature Braille display for your PC. In addition, it has a clock
with an
alarm. To ensure comfortable reading, the
 Bookworm
 is ergonomically optimized with concave Braille elements.
Easy to use
The Bookworm
 has only 4 keys. You only need the two keys on either side of the Braille
elements
for reading. Two additional keys are provided for accessing the menu and for
the
escape function. You can choose whether to read in automatic scrolling mode
or to
move the text manually. When you turn off the
 Bookworm,
 with the slider, the current reading position is save and the Braille
elements are
protected. While reading
you can set bookmarks. These marks are stored even after the
 Bookworm
 is switched
off. While downloading text into the
 Bookworm,
 a table of contents is automatically created. This allows you to easily
jump from
block to block, page to page or chapter to chapter.
Technical data:
- 8 concave piezo electronic Braille elements
- 4 buttons with tactile feedback
- 4 MB flash memory
- powered for more than 40 hours by 4 NIMH Accus
- charging time: 3 hours maximum
- capacity control
- bookmarks
- clock - and alarm function
- weight: 400 g (14 oz)
- size: 18 x 8 x 3,6 cm (7 x 3 x 1,5 inches)
- accessories: carrying case, charger, download program, download cable
Price:  £995.00

All the best
Petrina,